Gastronomica is a leading restaurant operator, dedicated to the development of original and upscale dining concepts.
We are seeking a Corporate Chef who will be directly responsible for developing and implementing all culinary standards across the F&B operation of Gastronomica within GCC.
Ultimately, the Corporate Chef will be responsible for managing all kitchen functions including concept innovation, food purchasing and preparation and maintenance of quality standards and cleanliness.
[[Position can be based in either Dubai or Kuwait[[
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist Senior Management in the creation, innovation, introduction and development of new concepts, including the standardization of recipes and menu management
- Complete kitchen management and reporting of all restaurants across the regions
- Ensure that the efficient use of technology is implemented in all aspects of kitchen management e.g. MIS across multi-unit operations
- Manage the bakery / pastry operations
- Conduct regular research to understand current trends within the Food and Beverage industry and recommend areas for improvement
- Design and plan all new kitchen fit outs in accordance with the brand concept and market requirements
- Responsible for vendor development and management
- Responsible for defining and managing the quality of raw materials/ ingredients specifications and sourcing
- Responsible for all equipment sourcing in accordance with quality standards
- Maximise production capacity whilst maintaining consistent quality controls
- Manage all resources, including the organization and allocation of staff, execution of controls and standardization of daily functioning of the operation.
- Collaborate cross functionally to maximise the efficient operation of the organization.
- Implement Food & Beverage controls, to ensure quality and hygiene standards for products and equipment are adhered to
- Control food cost in accordance with the department budget
- Recruit, train, develop and lead the team
- Manage the performance of the team to ensure effective kitchen management and adherence to core standards
- Effectively manage a multi-unit, multi-concept operation
- Possess a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Must be enthusiastic enough to absorb and innovate new ideas, study new cuisines and concepts and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ability to lead by example with confidence and energy, and to act as a senior level ambassador of Gastronomica at a strategic level
- Possess the ability to constructively challenge the status quo and introduce creative and innovative recommendations
- Possess the ability to create, innovate and execute with excellence
Bachelors Degree in Culinary Arts Management, Baking / Pastry Arts Management / Culinary Science.
Ideally, candidates will also possess an advanced degree or diploma in Food Production and Kitchen Management from a reputed institute (e.g. CIA)
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
Search jobs on Bayt.com, the Middle East’s #1 job site