Position: Software Engineer
Overall Purpose or Function of Position:
The Software Engineer designs, implements, and maintains new or improved applications, websites, and dashboards.
Works with local/regional teams to capture and clarify business requirements. Translates them into functionalities, and develops innovative and cost-effective solutions within the project timeline and cost.
Keeps up to date on software technology and process.
Follows the company software development lifecycle, IT standards, and the digital playbook, to ensure the developed applications are compliant with company standards, and with industry best practices.
Active in knowledge sharing, and collaboration with internal teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
– Follows the Scrum framework to design, develop and deliver solutions.
– Works with subject matter experts to clarify requirements
– Turns requirements and user stories into functionality
– Leads technical reviews or requirements
– Builds prototypes, frameworks, and development kits suitable for testing and evaluation
– Follows company software development lifecycle, IT standards, and digital playbook.
– Develops server-side services to be standard, compatible, scalable and secure by design.
– Develops web front end to be usable on multiple form factors
– Develops internal mobile software solutions, and cloud native applications (Google or Azure) in line with internal standards.
– Creates solutions to support data quality and analysis initiatives.
– Uses Business Intelligence and Data visualization tools to produce live business reports, and dashboards as per requirements
– Design testing procedures. Plans and leads user application testing activities, technical qualifications processes, and application commercialization.
– Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues. Maintains, supports and enhances developed products.
– Creates and maintains documentation (user manuals, and technical specifications) for the developed solutions
– Collaborates and communicates effectively with internal technical and business groups.
– Evaluates emerging technologies and stays updated on software industry trends
Education / Experience Required:
– Minimum requirement: BSc or MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Development
– Minimum professional experience: 4years
– Strong experience in Sharepoint Online development
– Mobile application development (iOS, Android) and cross platform mobile development tools.
– Programming languages: SQL, Java, HTML5, XML, Visual Studio .NET development stack including C#, ASP.NET, etc.
– Experience in developing solutions using: Tableau (data visualization), and Office 365 tools: Flows, PowerApps, and Power BI.
– Knowledge of Cloud based application development (Azure and Google)
– Experience in software development using Scrum and Agile methodologies
KEY BEHAVIOURAL FACTORS
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Can function independently and in an agile team environment
– Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
– Able to provide creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
– Conscious of software quality and security
– Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Search jobs on Bayt.com, the Middle East’s #1 job site