Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law.
• Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers for filling.
• Verifies name and address (if applicable) of the person the new prescription is to be filled for, as well as, legibility of the prescriber’s name.
• Obtains from the prescription files those prescriptions, which have been requested to be refilled.
• Accommodates customers when they arrive to pick up prescriptions.
• Processes cash register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions.
• Ensures necessary communications are provided to the customer, such as instructions, side effects and medication descriptions.
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
• Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
|Job Location:||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Search jobs on Bayt.com, the Middle East’s #1 job site