1. To be responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of disease of neonates, infants and children under the supervision of the Consultant / Specialist using appropriate methods in keeping with her / his level of competence and skills.
2. To perform specific invasive procedures on neonates according to the Directorate Policies or as directed by the Consultant / Specialist.
3. To direct the aspects of care rendered by nursing and para-medical personnel in the premature infant nursery and the general postnatal wards.
4. To accompany neonates for investigations / treatments / surgical procedures within the hospital or on transfer to other hospitals when requested.
5. To attend anticipated problem deliveries and caesarean sections and direct the care of delivered infants.
6. To maintain accurate, clear and concise records.
7. To provide neonatal coverage in the hospital on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends and vacation periods.
8. To refer problematic and seriously ill patients to the Consultant Neonatologist for review and advice regarding management.
9. To be familiar with Directorate Policies and Procedures, Hospital Quality Manual and other relevant documentation as forms part of the hospital quality system.
10. To participate in Clinical Governance/Audit/Research programmes and clinical trials as appropriate.
11. To review practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
12. To monitor and evaluate the standards of care provided within the policies and procedures of the directorate and the hospital.
13. To be responsible for the safe custody and administration of all drugs/medications in accordance with hospital and Ministry of Health regulations.
14. To ensure effective handover of relevant information between clinical staff.
15. To be proficient in the use of emergency equipment within the unit.
16. To be able to efficiently and effectively respond to neonatal emergencies.
17. To promote breastfeeding and comply with World Health Organisation (WHO) Baby Friendly guidelines.
18. To implement and monitor effective measures for infection control in conjunction with the Infection Control Nurse in order to maintain both patient and staff safety.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs