The British Embassy, Abu Dhabi has vacancies for temporary Entry Clearance Officers to join its UK Visas & Immigration department for the summer period starting in March/April through to September/October. The objective of this role is to provide high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa application processing which meets published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service. There may be permanent positions available to successful applicants at the end of their temporary contracts depending on their performance and the operational need of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess and resolve visa applications within agreed benchmarks. You must be able to analyse information and reach a decision quickly and be able to justify this decision both orally and in writing. Entry Clearance Officers are expected to meet challenging daily workload targets.
- To ensure that all correspondence is considered, and reports or replies prepared within target times, in clear and concise English.
- To deal professionally with all callers to the Visa Section, whether on the telephone or in person, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
- Delivery of Results – Responsible for delivering own work with speed and professionalism, responding positively to changes in priorities.
- Problem Solving and Judgement – ability to make well judged decisions on information provided.
- Communicating and Influencing – present information clearly and concisely, using factual information to support arguments.
- Customer Focus – Understands and focuses on customer needs whilst providing a high quality service.
Key Selection Criteria
Previous UK Immigration experience would be an advantage for this operational decision making role but it is not essential the ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Excellent spoken and written English. Please submit with your application either an IELTS certificate at a minimum of level or an equivalent qualification, or evidence of secondary/higher education in the medium of English.
- Computer literate with accurate typing skills of at least 25 words per minute. Please provide evidence of typing skills of at least 25 words per minute (. the Pitman elementary level typing speed). You can check your typing speed by entering the words ‘typing test’ into a search engine such as Google and selecting one of the providers of free typing speed tests. You must print out your result as evidence of your competence and bring it with you to the interview.
- The ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision and meet challenging targets on a daily basis.
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just on all occasions.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a target driven environment
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Government Sector|
|Monthly Salary:||US $ 4,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs