Posted on 23 June 2013.
About the Business:
Established in the 1930’s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940’s and 50’s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
About the Role:
The role would be to act as a trusted advisor to senior line management on all human capital management matters; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth; reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and comply with Group HR policy.
* Communicate the vision, mission and values of the organization to ensure compliance within the business
* To support the Group HR function in the development of Group HR policy and practice and with the delivery to the business of Group wide HR initiatives
* To work with the Group HR specialists to ensure best HR practices and to deliver HR initiatives into the business
* To ensure Emiritization focus is maintained and diversification goals are reinforced and achieved
* In liaison with the Business MD, SHRBP, Group MD and Group HR Director create a HR strategy for the business and the annual HR Plan. Communicate plans and progress against the plan to the HR Function and the Business Units. Create and support a continuous improvement environment for HR Activities within the Business Units.
* Ensure new employees are properly inducted into the business and given support to become productive as quickly as possible. Develop succession plans and retention strategies for key talent and positions. Develop and execute a learning and development plan that equips individuals with necessary skills. Formulate and implement performance management plans to improve performance or assist with exit from the organisation.
Training & Development
* As part of the HR Plan specify training initiatives required to support the business, liaise with Group Training Department to ensure appropriate initiatives are delivered. Ensure training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered. Ensure all key positions have identified successors.
* Manage ER issues within the business units. Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon ‘Al Futtaim Way’ values. Reinforce at all times a culture of meritocracy, performance-focus and diversity. Act as an advisor to line managers in order to educate them and minimise risk. Ensure compliance with local law and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle. Communicate and implement changes to HR policies and procedures. Ensure disciplinary procedure is properly applied before any employee is exited from the business.
* Act as a trusted business partner and coach to senior line management. Consult and support line managers across the business units. Focus on measuring the employee engagement of the business units and take actions necessary to improve it. Advise, coach and mentor management and HR team
|Job Location:||United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Human Resources/Personnel|
|Company Industry:||Human Resources|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs