The role of the construction Manager is to understand the detailed needs, and project parameters of food construction sites. He will be responsible to monitor the construction process and escalating any variations from the plan to the site development manager, or Division GM. His responsibility also involves ensuring the on time, snag free handover of the factory / outlets to the respective operations teams.
The successful person will be a civil engineer with a minimum of 15 years experience holding a Masters degree, Special degree and have built food factories as part of their portfolio.
Exposure to Bill of Quantities, reading, understanding and executing are a MUST.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Taking handover of the blueprint, architectural design and construction details from the project management team
• Obtaining detail design and work plan from the contractors
• Evaluation of the contractor based on RFP
• Monitoring the construction progress and controlling any delay in the same
• Escalation to site development manager for any unnecessary variation or changes in the construction plan highlighted by the contractor
• Review of the proposed changes by the contractor and the impact on budget through the change
• Preparation of the snag list and ensuring the removal of the snags by contractor before handing over the restaurant to operation and maintenance
• Reviewing and approving payments of the contractors as per the progress report of the construction
• Taking handover by the contractor of the site after ensuring all the defined checks has been done
• Allocation of field engineers and ensuring optimum utilization of the resources
Job KPI (For details refer to HR KPIs document):
• Project Cost Tracking – Comparison of actual cost against planned cost
• Project schedule adherence – Delay in project activities and project as a whole
• Project change request accuracy – Deviation in cost as compared to change in budget
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
Full News here – Bayt.com JobsSome local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.