Full Time position based in Kuwait.
The Senior Petrophysicist Advisor provides assistance to Middle East Operations, as a subject matter expert in Petrophysics for Wireline and LWD applications. This also includes liaison communication with clients. The Petrophysicist will work as an innovator assisting Product Line Managers (PLMs) in developing the applications and/or Functional Requirements Documents for products from an acquisition and application view; assisting the Marketing Team in developing and insuring acquisition and application quality guidelines and deliverables; and providing input into the development of the Petrophysics competency matrix.
· Undertake petrophysical interpretation and analysis using appropriate techniques and technologies to provide world class solutions for the client.
· Provide petrophysical input to multi-disciplinary projects from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production. This will include resource estimation andauditing using the correct tools for the individual project.
· Present data, interpretation and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team.
· Advise clients on petrophysics matters, often at a senior level.
· Act as Project Manager on some projects, maintaining frequent contact with the client and ensuring adherence to time scales and budgets.
· Support colleagues by assisting them with petrophysics knowledge.
· Regularly provides support to several multi-disciplined project teams. Mentors and develops talent.
· Advises at a high level. Assist the new business development team as required.
· Attend conferences and forums as needed and serve as an ambassador.
· Develops novel concepts and approaches to resolve unique or innovative scientific problems. Work can result in significant impact on company interests.
· Be Capable of publishing technical reports for internal and external use within industry.
· Handles special projects, as assigned. Recognized as an industry expert in his/her discipline.
· Perceived a top level technical expert from Clients point of view for providing solution in a complex reservoir situation. Considered top level technical expert in a highly complex reservoir description. Relevant oil company experience from an operator’s perspective.
- At minimum, Bachelor of Science degree in earth science or physics
– Master of Science degree or PhD is preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 15 years relevant work experience or Master’s Degree in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 13 years relevant work experience or PhD in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 11 years relevant work experience.
– 5+ years management or supervisory experience.
– Experience in NMR interpretation including ability to QC and interpret NMR logs.
– Able to perform analyses on minimal data in a variety of geological environments. Able to perform rigorous, comprehensive petrophysical analyses, single-well or field study. Experience in using petrophysical software is desirable.
– Experience within true rock analysis
– Expert on all levels of log and core information and integration. Top level technical expertise in highly complex reservoir description. Familiarity with 3D geological modeling and flow simulation modeling, especially the requirements expected of petrophysicists and the way petrophysical deliverables are used. Some familiarity with cased-hole and production logging is a plus.
– Solid understan
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs