Shell’s Upstream International Middle East Region looks after assets in the Middle East and North Africa, with key existing operations in Oman, Abu Dhabi, Egypt, Iran, Oman, Pakistan and Iraq . We are currently exploring further opportunities in Saudi Arabia, Jordan and are also represented in Kuwait, Tunisia, and Algeria. The businesses of the region represent a mix of (1) mature assets in countries like Oman, Syria and Egypt with robust cash generation and a key focus on Operational Excellence and Competitive Costs, as well as (2) an unprecedented number of growth opportunities in Iraq, Enhanced Oil Recovery in Oman, as well as significant exploration potential.
Provide top quartile travel solutions for Shell Businesses and their staff across the Middle East and North Africa. Work to construct, develop and implement travel strategies for the Region within the Global Policy, programme and processes that focus on managing business requirements for corporate travel, optimise processes that drive bottom line improvements and service level gains, ensure travel-related contracts are implemented correctly, and that key performance indicators are met. As the Region is still relatively new to the concept of managed travel, the role additionally has clear focus on establishing regional governance, managing compliance to the Global Travel Policy. Once corporate travel needs are identified, work closely with others in the Global Travel Services team to deliver corporate travel service and operational support in accordance with global standards.
Creates and implements the travel plan for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) based upon Corporate Travel’s strategic business targets. These include travel agency service standardisation, online booking adoption, preferred supplier coverage and travel information sessions facilitation.
- Assist Corporate Travel colleagues to develop and maintain Shell’s Global Travel Policy taking into consideration the MENA perspective.
- Regional sign-off for the budgetary planning and financial control of integrated global travel agency budgets associated with the geographic remit and according to governance.
- Promote key behaviours and tactics by travellers that optimize the Corporate Travel programme and which reduce cost to Shell businesses in the region.
- Build and maintain a network of senior/key stakeholders in order to implement correct governance and controls as well as communicate strategies that aim to make Corporate Travel’s value-add transparent and sought after.
- Identify and develop integration opportunities for new countries, businesses, divisions or functions not currently managed by Corporate Travel, including presenting any compelling business cases for integration
- Promote agency leadership and pro-activity in devising optimisation solutions, highlighting negative and positive service trends, and ensure that travellers satisfaction levels remain within acceptable levels.
- Manage the regional relationships and support globally-driven category commercial strategies ensuring that all local contracting initiatives are steered to the Global Category and Agreements Managers to ensure maximum leverage.
- Ensure successful completion of projects from both the customers perspective (time, cost, deliverables) and Travel team objectives.
- Monitor external travel industry/market best practices to develop wider competitive analysis processes which will assist Corporate Travel in continuously develop and improve their own offerings.
- Share best practice experience with Corporate Travel colleagues regarding business development initiatives and optimization to help in business development in other regions of the world.
- Mitigate health, safety, security and environmental risks in travel and maintain alignment with other Functions in the Region, notably Security and Health: lead appropriate proactive and remedial risk mitigating actions
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Degree:||Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs