The Senior Security Engineer’s role is to manage the team that ensures the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections . This includes:
– Check server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting.
– Analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required. Conduct penetration testing.
– Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
– Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
– Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
– Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
– Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products.
– Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
– Deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptographysystems, and anti-virus software.
– Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
– Manage connection security for local area networks, the company Web site, the company intranet, and e-mail communications.
– Manage and ensure the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Full News here – Bayt.com Jobs